As a public transport provider, protecting the environment is already part of what we do at Arriva. Public transport services have a key role to play in addressing environmental challenges, which will grow in importance in a world of population growth, urbanisation and resource scarcity.
Our commitment is to continually reduce the impacts of global travel through modal shift towards shared mobility, while at the same time minimising our own environmental impacts as a business. We call this our Journey to Destination Green.
Destination Green’s key themes are fuel, energy, water and waste – shared impacts across our business that each employee can influence. Through these themes our aims are:
- We reduce the consumption of fossil fuels with our vehicles, introduce environmentally friendly technologies, and thus contribute to reducing air pollution.
- We conserve drinking water and recycle wastewater.
- We reduce waste generation and reuse it when possible.
- We reduce energy consumption and use electricity from renewable sources.
- Every employee is aware and works towards improving the relationship with the environment.
- We think based on the life cycle of products and services, which contributes to reducing the consumption of natural resources, using recycled materials, and ensuring environmentally friendly disposal or removal.